Setting what vault the safari extension uses for autofill suggestions

dwgray
dwgray
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

When I go to a sign in for a site (iPhone or iPad) 1password the iOS extension for safari gives me all the choices for all the vaults in the account I have set the autofill from in settings to the a collection that contains the vault I want. Is this a non-working function or something that isn't possible in the safari iOS extension. As a note clicking on settings in the popup does not take one to the app settings on the iPad but does on the iPhone. iPad Pro 4th gen and iPhone 13 Pro Max both running 16.3.
Thank You !

1Password Version: 8.10 Beta 81000024
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: 16.3
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @dwgray! 👋

1Password for Safari on the iPhone/iPad doesn't currently have the ability to restrict suggestions to certain vaults or collections. I can see how it would be useful to select a specific collection for filling and I've passed along your feedback to the product team.

In the meantime, you can use Password AutoFill to save and fill items from the current collection: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

As a note clicking on settings in the popup does not take one to the app settings on the iPad but does on the iPhone. iPad Pro 4th gen and iPhone 13 Pro Max both running 16.3.

Are you using an external keyboard with the iPad by any chance? Are you able to open Settings if you temporarily disconnect the keyboard?

-Dave

ref: PB-30657933
    ref: dev/core/core#9873

• dwgray
    dwgray
    Community Member

Thank You - being able to select a specific collection would be great

I’m am using the apple magic keyboard with my iPad however the behavior is the same with or without the keyboard.

• @dwgray

Hmm other users who have reported a similar issue on the iPad were all using external keyboards. Can you tell me a little more about what you're seeing? What happens when you try to open settings from 1Password for Safari? Does Safari open a blank tab? Does the 1Password app open at all?

Can you also tell me if this is a new issue or if it's always been like this since you started using 1Password for Safari on your iPad?

-Dave

• dwgray
    dwgray
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

I believe it has been like this since I moved to 8 on my iPad but I can't say for sure.

• @dwgray

Thank you for the reply. Can you please reproduce the issue one more time and then generate a diagnostics report so that we can investigate further:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.