keep losing ability to open with watch

My Apple Watch reliably opens my Mac mini. (Mac mini Macmini8,1 6-Core Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz ). and when I uninstall 1password reboot then reinstall it works to open 1password.
But only to quickly lose ability to open with watch and then act as if no watch installed. ( 1password:settings:security does not show watch option at this point. )
this sometimes requires me to turn off watch to open Mac, reboot, turn back on, install 1password.... it works and I see watch in 1password settings..
then it loses it again
I never lose ability to open the Mac with the watch its only the 1password part.

Suggestions? I have tried everything I could find on searching about the issue.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:keep losing ability to open with watch

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@bradHon1Pcomm

Can you send me a diagnostic report? I suspect you are experiencing a known issue and the logs will help confirm that. That said, you've done a really good job describing it and I feel confident you are indeed experiencing the issue I mentioned.

Also, please update to 8.9.15 and macOS 13.2 when possible. I do not anticipate any resolution to the trouble as others continue to experience trouble after taking these steps.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.
    6. Please include a link to this discussion. https://1password.community/discussion/137702/keep-losing-ability-to-open-with-watch#latest and your username bradHon1Pcomm
This discussion has been closed.