1password is not filling on Edge Version 109.0.1518.70 (Official build) (64-bit)

passwordsbeegone
passwordsbeegone
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently websites login fields are not filling on Edge. The 1password icon on the password field isn't showing, and if I click the browser extension and autofill nothing will happen. This is happening on multiple websites that used to work fine.

I checked and all password related options in the settings of Edge are off such as autofill passwords, save passwords, etc.

An example website is https://login.salesforce.com/?locale=ca

And I should note if I refresh the page then it works.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.14 (80914009)
Extension Version: 2.6
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @passwordsbeegone ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering issues when trying to autofill in your Edge browser. Can you confirm if the behaviour persists after restarting the browser? Additionally, is "Offer to fill and save passwords" enabled in your 1Password extension settings? Here's how you can check:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section and ensure that "Offer to fill and save passwords" is toggled on.

"Offer to fill and save passwords" ensures that the inline menu is enabled within the fields of the page, so with this turned on you should be seeing the 1Password icon within the field.

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting further!

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Hi david.m_1p

It looks like it doesn't persist after restart, but then will do it the next day.

Offer to fill and save passwords is enabled in 1Password.

• @passwordsbeegone

Can you update to 8.9.15 if you're still on 8.9.14? Does that help?

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Doesn't look like 8.9.15 is released on Windows yet? I can't find a link

• Hey @passwordsbeegone,

You're right, apologies for the confusion.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jmartsch
    jmartsch
    Community Member

I also experience problems when using the browser extension in latest edge Version 109.0.1518.78 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit). First time, when I open the browser it works. As soon as I open the dev tools (F12) as I am a web dev, the extension stops working. There are also errors in the console showing up. I tried this with the latest 1Password (2.6.0) and 1Password beta (2.7.0), and it happens with both extensions.
    On first start and with restarted Edge browser the page https://support.1password.com/1password-browser-troubleshooting/ shows, that 1Password is installed, after opening dev tools and reloading this page, it says "1Password is not installed in your browser. Install it now.
    ".
    I will also send an email to support as @steph.giles mentioned.
    I am willing to help with debugging, because I need a reliable working password manager.

• Hey @jmartsch,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I hope we can assist over email, please post your Support ID here. Thank you!

• jmartsch
    jmartsch
    Community Member

Hey @steph.giles thanks for your answer. My support ID is [#KGI-51612-828]. Hope to hear from you soon.

• LMBook151
    LMBook151
    Community Member

I've been having this same problem for over a week now. Is there a solution for this issue?

• Hey @LMBook151,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you possibly provide me with some specifics on the behaviour you are seeing and what exactly isn't working as expected so I can fully understand and best advise?

Thanks!

• LMBook151
    LMBook151
    Community Member

I use the edge browser on my Mac book and the extension isn’t auto filling any logins.

• Thanks for the prompt response @LMBook151, can you let me know if you can see the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar? Can you sign in and see your items?

In addition can you give these steps a try and let me know if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Edge by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Edge and test if it is working properly.

Any information would be most useful!

• LMBook151
    LMBook151
    Community Member

That worked. Thank you!

• Great to hear that worked @LMBook151, and on behalf of @steph.giles , you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.