Require Password change - 2 week / 30 days Manadatory?

Options
bvanscoy678
bvanscoy678
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to the platform and did some initial searching, but still can not confirm if we are required to change our master password every 2 weeks or 30 days.

Is this a hard requirement to use the platform? If so, I don't think I will be using the application. It appears to be really good, but not messing with a 30-day password rotation.

Thanks, Brent

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• journeyman4
    journeyman4
    Community Member
    Options

ive used same password for 3 months never been asked to change. But as much as I like the system I am leaving. Ive had an issue and described on here, but no response, I have also sent them 4 emails no response, so have asked to cancel my subscription.

• bvanscoy678
    bvanscoy678
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feedback

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

1Password does not enforce any password change. I don't know where you got this from, but you can keep the same passwords for years. 1Password even recommends to not change passwords regularly. Change a password only if you suspect it might have been compromised.

• bvanscoy678
    bvanscoy678
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Under the settings, Security tab, there is an Unlock category that requires a password change every 2 weeks or 30 days.

Thanks, Brent

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

This is a setting for Windows Hello. If you activate unlocking with Windows Hello, you're asked for the Hello pin instead of your account password for unlock for your convenience. However, from time to time you're asked your current account password so you don't forget it. This setting sets the period how often your password is asked. Asked, not changed.

• bvanscoy678
    bvanscoy678
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thank you for the explanation!

This discussion has been closed.