Phone Permission for Android?

Options
TinyTyke
TinyTyke
Community Member

Hello there! I have the iPw8 app and was trying to figure out a way to fix the "iPw not showing for some (most) apps/not autofilling/Yada yada" problem, when I saw that I am able to enable a Phone permission (for iPw8). I can't see how it would be beneficial at all, especially in regards to my problem, but I figured I'd ask - would enabling it possibly fix my autopilot dilemma?

FOLD 3 5G (SM-F926U)
ANDROID 13 & ONEUI 5

Also experience this problem on my Note 9, but am not able to get any specs ATM (just a spare phone for video viewing when I don't want to risk my Fold, haha).

Besides all this... and a few other issues I've ran into... I absolutely love iPw and will continue to stay for the journey! The app/UI is amazing, desktop almost-never (maybe never ever) gives me issues, and I could go on and on. Anyways, thank you!

Comments

• TinyTyke
    TinyTyke
    Community Member
    Options

*** I hope I did this right... was in a rush and didn't want to forget. I can add/retrieve anything if needed! :)

• GreyM1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi there @TinyTyke

It looks like the Phone permission isn't actually used in 1Password for Android, so I've suggested to the development team that we look into removing the option if that's the case. It definitely wouldn't have any effect on autofill anyway.

I'd suggest making sure that 1Password is allowed unrestricted battery usage. To do this, open the Settings app on your phone, and then Apps (or similar). Find 1Password in the list, and tap it. If there is any kind of battery-saving feature, turn it off for 1Password. This will help prevent 1Password being "put to sleep" if it hasn't been opened in a while, which could affect autofill behaviour too. Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• TinyTyke
    TinyTyke
    Community Member
    Options

Okay great, that's what I figured. Thank you!

As for your suggestion, I have that setting (and a few similar) switched to disable following install, so that's not the cause. :( Do you think it's a bug or could it maybe be the websites/apps themselves behind the issue? I feel like I've read a 1PW team member say something similar to the latter, but it's strange because (1) autofill doesn't appear in a majority of cases for me, and (2) it's worked for apps before and then stopped upon a future log-in (i.e. Sams)... though code does change every second, so that doesn't hold much value.

Thank you again for responding/helping, Grey!

• Hi @TinyTyke, thanks for following up with us.

Autofill issues stem from a number of sources such as 1Password not properly detecting the sign in form, the app or website not providing sufficient context clues or even things like the on-screen keyboard not reacting as expected.

I would suggest setting Autofill prompts below fields then checking if the filling behavior is more consistent for you:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

I will note that I did some testing with the Sam's app and it appears that 1Password cannot fill there regardless of settings. I've reported this to the team.

If your Note 9 is running Android 9 I would also suggest using a native Autofill browser such as Firefox or DuckDuckGo instead of an Autofill compatibility browser such as Chrome or Edge. With Android 9 devices, Autofill from 1Password is more consistent with native Autofill browsers at this time.

Let us know if setting prompts below fields is helpful for you!

This discussion has been closed.