To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When I share a password with someone, he can see the password. Why? How can I change that?

Options
PNVL
PNVL
Community Member

Is it possible to share passwords and the other person can not see the password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I share a password with someone, he can see the password. Why? How can I change that?

Comments

• Hello @PNVL! 👋

Good question! 1Password offers this feature if you're using 1Password Business: Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

This permission isn't available if you're using an individual or family account. There are also limitations with this feature: How vault permissions are enforced in 1Password accounts

In short: there's no way, as far as I know, to share a password with someone but not allow them to find a way to see that password. Our permissions only apply to the 1Password apps and not to other apps like the browser. Even the 1Password Business feature is more of a deterrent, if someone fills the shared password into a website open in the browser it leaves the control of 1Password and then they can use something like Chrome's developer tools to reveal the filled password.

The best strategy is to use a unique password for every account and to only share your passwords with folks who you trust to have access to the services that the passwords are for.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.