Two accounts listed in 1P, unable to delete one.

Options
kubarker
kubarker
Community Member

Hey team,

I created my 1Password account today and unfortunately I made a mistake within an hour that left my locked out of my account. I deleted the account and reused the same email address, and all seemed well.

However in 1Password > Accounts, I now have two accounts, both under my name. One is locked (the one where I don't have the password), and one unlocked one (currently using).

Without being able to login to my locked account, how can I remove it?

Thanks,
Kurt

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: 13.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @kubarker

Is this in 1Password 8 for Mac or are you seeing this in the browser? The description sounds like the Mac. Are you able to use the sign out option for that account? If not, we can help you reset the entire database on the Mac. Please confirm you have your password and Secret Key and you know your password.

-- Make sure all data is on 1Password.com this is vital to the safety of that data. Any data not saved there would be lost.

1. Make sure you have your Emergency Kit and know your account password also verify all of your data is on 1Password.com.
    2. Quit 1Password and all browser for good measure. Right-click 1Password in the menu bar (If it's there) and click Quit.
    3. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...

In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

1. Press Return.

2. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".

3. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    4. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password
    5. You'll be taken through the setup process.
    6. If you see the option for signing into an old account skip this and use the option for sign into another account.
This discussion has been closed.