Deleted old app, downloaded iOS v.8 but it doesn't work.

Options
Fletch4677
Fletch4677
Community Member

Switched iTunes account due to divorce, but couldn't use app due to it being purchased on previous account. Downloaded iOS v.8 but now it doesn't open at all and can't find stored passwords. Is it possible to roll back the app to v.7 and/or recover the missing passwords? I don't think they were ever stored externally.

1Password Version: 7.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ 16.1.2
Referrer: forum-search:ios roll back

Comments

• Hello @Fletch4677! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble using 1Password 8, when you tap on the app icon what exactly do you see on the screen? Do you see an error message? Or a login page?

Were you using an older standalone vault with 1Password 7 or do you have a membership? If you have a membership then do you see your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

-Dave

• Fletch4677
    Fletch4677
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for the response.

This is was comes up. Tried to delete and reinstall but same problem. I've always used the stand alone app and have never had an online account.

• @Fletch4677

Thank you for the screenshot. I know that you said that you already tried to reinstall the app but can you try these specific steps in order:

1. Remove 1Password 8 for iOS: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)
    2. Restart your iPhone.
    3. Reinstall 1Password 8 for iOS: 1Password 8 - Password Manager on the App Store

Let me know if you still see the issue after following these steps.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.