Feature Request: Ability to create custom templates (with dynamic icons like the Login template type

Options
YellowVista
YellowVista
Community Member

This feature is partially available as a "beta" option for 1Password for Business but not 1Password for Families. I usually add a lot of additional fields to record various types of information (e.g., Email address, Account number, Name, Phone, Address, Account Creation Date, Security Key names, Security Q&A, etc.). It would save SO MUCH TIME if I could just create a template (or edit one of the default templates) with sections and fields already setup the way I want and then use that template when creating new items.

Also, I have noticed that all items I create using a custom template always have a static icon (a file cabinet drawer with folders?). I want to have a more detailed Login template type that still has dynamically updated icons based on the website URL.

What I really want is to be able to either create a custom template that is a child template of one of the existing types or edit the existing templates, such that my custom or edited templates would inherit the features (e.g., custom icons) of the parent/existing template type and so that all of my Logins (whether based on the default basic Login template or based on my custom/edited detailed Login template) are all grouped together under the Login category.

I can't think of any other feature that would save me more time when using 1Password than this feature. (I mean, think about how much time it would take to have to create all of the fields in the example below manually every single time!)

FYI, this is an example of my Login Detailed template:

Login Credentials
username
email
password
password expiration date
one-time password <-- Even though I have selected the field type of One-Time Password when creating the template, the field behaves like a regular Password field type and not (as I had hoped) like the special One-Time Password field type available in the default Login template
website
website2
MFA Enabled? <-- Ideally, this would be a new Yes/No toggle field type
Other Contact Info
name
phone
address
date of birth
Account Information
Account Creation Date
Account Number
Additional Security
PIN
Encryption Key
Sync Passphrase
Recovery Phrase
MFA Security Key #1
MFA Security Key #2
Security Questions & Answers <-- Ideally, this would be use the smart "Security Questions" field types (which only appears to be available within the Login template) that have prompts for the Security question (e.g., "What is your mother's maiden name?") and has password prompts that default to using the memorable password type.
Security Question #1
Security Answer #1
Security Question #2
Security Answer #2
Security Question #3
Security Answer #3

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @YellowVista,

Thanks for your feature request about the ability to create custom templates from non-business accounts. I've passed your feedback along to the Product teams consideration.

In the meantime, you could try setting a different "empty" item with the fields you typically use, then duplicate this item as you need to create new items in the future.

ref: 30909009

You also mentioned:

Also, I have noticed that all items I create using a custom template always have a static icon (a file cabinet drawer with folders?). I want to have a more detailed Login template type that still has dynamically updated icons based on the website URL.

For the time being, editing and using a custom icon is the best workaround:

I've passed these details along the team as well. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions. We're always interested in learning from our customers where improvements can be made. We appreciate your time and feedback!

ref: 30909600

This discussion has been closed.