Exclude a vault from... view, autofill, etc

Options
xjones
xjones
Community Member

I am the manager of a family account. One of my 1Password use cases is to store credentials and sensitive data for other people who are not part of my family plan and do not use 1Password. for example, my parents want me to keep their online account info in case I ever need to access anything in the future if something happens to them. so that's fine. I have specific vaults for these things. I would like to mark the vault as "hidden" so I don't see it in the UI and items in the vault aren't used for autofill or suggestions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• xjones
    xjones
    Community Member
    Options

from searching the community, it looks like there used to be a way to mark a vault as "excluded from All Vaults". while this isn't exactly what I want, I don't see that feature.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @xjones !

I think you have to try "Collections". With the help of collections, you are able to organize your vaults. So you could create a specific collection without the vault you don't want to use and select this collection in 1Password. I did the same and it works. Just give it a try. 😉

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• xjones
    xjones
    Community Member
    Options

I've used Collections and didn't feel they worked well for this but I'll try again. If I have specific reasons / feedback I'll send it in.

• xjones
    xjones
    Community Member
    Options

immediately, I've run into a problem. The Safari browser extension doesn't appear to support collections. I can choose vaults or "All Vaults" but can't see a collection. So AutoFill is still advertising items I don't want to see.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@xjones in the setting for 1Password in the browser disable the vault you wish to be excluded.

1. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon.
    2. Uncheck the vault you do not want to see results from.
  • xjones
    xjones
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy right-click on the browser toolbar icon does not provide a way to check/uncheck vaults. I've tried other ways to do this as well, don't see any method of specifying which vaults the browser extension should use. other than just picking All Accounts, All Vaults in an account, or a specific single vault.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@xjones

Sorry, I left out select settings.

• xjones
    xjones
    Community Member
    Options

yeah, I see. not quite as nice as what I'd prefer but this does exclude the vaults from each browser auto-fill. thx.

• You're welcome. I'm hoping we can make things more intuitive as we progress forward.

This discussion has been closed.