For two weeks the safari extension worked perfectly… [Fixed in 1Password 8.10.0-52 update]

dtoub
dtoub
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

And now it doesn’t. Back to having to type in my password since the safari extension locks after a few minutes (despite being set at every 2 weeks in preferences).

Please please please fix this. It’s maddening to have it work and then stop working for no apparent reason.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 8.10.0-24
OS Version: iOS 16.3
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Same, I've given up on using the extension - it is incredibly unreliable and having to type in my vault password every time I need it makes it completely unusable.

• MikeT
    edited February 2023

Hi folks,

@dtoub @ersan191 Thanks for reporting this.

There is a known bug where a fix is not yet available via TestFlight builds but will be fixed for the next stable release. It will not be in today's TestFlight update either because the bug fix is still being tested internally.

To confirm this is the same bug, can you open 1Password for iOS, go to its Settings > Security, and can you confirm if Require Password is set to something longer than two weeks, as in Every 30 days or Never?

This is a separate setting from the Safari extension lock's Reauthorize After.

If yes, set it back to Every two weeks for now and then lock and unlock the main 1Password app. After that, 1Password extension for Safari should now unlock with biometric more consistently (at least until reauthorization timer kicks in).

We're currently testing the bug fix we have to make sure it doesn't regress elsewhere but we believe this will fix the problem for sure. We will get the fix to you as soon as possible.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Got it. Yes I had set it to Never. I had a feeling it related to two weeks since that’s how long the good times lasted 😂

Thanks for the quick followup!

• @dtoub, thanks for confirming!

Did changing it back to two weeks (and lock/unlock app) allow you to unlock 1Password with biometric now more consistently in Safari?

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

So far, yes. Let’s see how it fares over the weekend.

Interestingly, I’m not having similar issues on my iPad (same iOS version, just iPadOS, of course).

• That's good to hear, thanks for letting me know.

It might be because the app was updated later on the iPad, has different settings or the Security settings has updated (which can reset this back another two week, even if it is Never or 30 days).

• Hey folks,

We've just released the 1Password 8.10.0-52 beta update on TestFlight that should fully address the issue with 1Password extension for Safari and its biometric support.

Note that you'd need to lock and unlock the main 1Password app once to reset the whole state between the 1Password app and the extension.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

@MikeT

I had the exact same issue as @dtoub. The TestFlight update has now fixed this 🤞

• @chris55

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.