How to add a new item?

davidst
davidst
Community Member

Have 4.1 on my iPhone 4s. Love it on Mac, but am really confused with this version. I cannot add an item. I go to Web mode and a website, enter in credentials, and there is no "saving" or way to save. How do I save it? In Vault mode, there is no way to create a new one. My only guess is that I need to use a Mac version of 1Password, save logins, and then import in which would seem really backwards. Or am I somehow missing functionality?

I went through all tutorials and none say how to do this. Read dozens of sites, and no one seems to mention this. Seems like creating a new item is very basic. Would appreciate any help.

-Dave

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forums, Dave! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It is not possible to create a new item in Browser mode at this time, but items can be added by tapping the + button in the upper right corner in Vault mode. Tapping + in Categories will create a new item in that category (or prompt you which item type to create if you are at the top level of Categories), tapping + in Folders will create a new folder, and in Favorites will create a new favorite.

You can read more in the User Guide:

Creating items

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.