To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Import Failed from LAST PASS

1passquest
1passquest
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

I exported my LASTPASS account into csv file, and then when i go to import it into 1password, i go to IMPORT, and choose the CSV file, and i get

" Import Failed

1password coun't import the data. THe file may be of the wrong format"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member

i did the import from last pass and that worked, thank

• @1passquest

I'm glad to hear that the import worked. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

• tmadel
    tmadel
    Community Member

I cannot import from LastPass - I get the error message: We cannot perform an import at this time due to changed beyond our control.

• @tmadel

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of my colleagues on the support team can work with you to figure out where things went wrong.

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member

Sorry, but I can't seem to see what the "fix" is to the "wrong format" error. I also exported data from LastPass and have an Excel in .csv format. When I try to import in 1Password, it says it is the "wrong format" too. Please help. Thank you! :)

• @windy709

I'm sorry that you're having trouble moving to 1Password. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you finish the migration process. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• marywp
    marywp
    Community Member

Hi, I'm having trouble importing my LastPass vault into 1Password using the app on Mac. I get the "We cannot perform an import at this time due to changes beyond our control" error message. I have opened a case with support. The case number is #XRG-97386-652. Please help me get this assigned to a person who can help me.

• @marywp

Thanks! Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: XRG-97386-652

• Megret
    Megret
    Community Member

I also can't import my LastPass info into 1 Password. I tried using the 1Password import tool and got an error message. Then I exported a CSV file from LastPass and tried to import it but also got an error message. I sent a message to Support and got a case LDK-74768-617. Can you help me get this resolved? Thanks!

• Megret
    Megret
    Community Member

Update: I was able to successfully import the LastPass CSV file using 1Password on Safari instead of the desktop app.

• Roy1600
    Roy1600
    Community Member

I also had the problem with the Lastpass csv format error. I also was able to import the data via 1P web using Firefox. Appears that the app is the problem.

• marywp
    marywp
    Community Member

I was also able to export/import my LastPass vault into 1Password. It took some doing but I'm good to go.

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Thank you for your response. Someone from support contacted me with very comprehensive steps with screen captures which were terrific.

But unfortunately, something is happening at your end that is preventing me from completing the transfer. I am pretty tech-savvy - and a migration of data should be pretty easy, but it's not working.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but in Windows 10, and using Chrome, there is some weird "white box/panel" that is obscuring some of the interface, so that I am not able to even click on my name in the upper right and continue with next steps. I have provided screen captures to Julia in support, and hopefully she will be able to get back to me soon.

Also, due to the migration issue, I was only able to import 17 passwords from LastPass, so I wanted to "start over" and delete my vault. But again, because of the interface problem, and the white box obscuring the menu in the upper right, I am trying to delete those passwords, but am unable to do it.

I am also a little frustrated because now I received a message saying that I will be charged starting next week. (When the trial ends.)

AND, to further add to the frustration, no one got back to me about the "rebate" transferring from LastPass to 1 Password.

Hey, I know all of you may be busy because of the mass exodus from LastPass. I get that.

But I am pretty stressed out about this, because it's been hanging on my to-do list for over a week, and now I am dealing with 2 password managers showing up on log in pages, NONE of which are working properly.

Thank you for listening. I want to be patient and appreciate your help to get this resolved.

Let's get this done!

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member

An image of the white box obscuring the upper right.

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Shows the white box....which carries on to the
    interior pages...

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member

Update: RESOLVED by ME! So here's what I think I did. I clicked on the right box a few times. And then "magically" the upper right navigation appeared again. I don't know if I will face this again when I log in and out. But at least I successfully imported by passwords. What a relief. I nope no one else is struggling as I did.

• PerthSurfer
    PerthSurfer
    Community Member

I'm a new member and just imported my lastpass passwords over yesterday and also had the process fail when it attempted to put the data into a csv file. It created the csv file but with no data inside.

What worked for me was that it also correctly provided all the data into a new browser tab. So i just highlighted all of it, copied and pasted it into notepad or any text editor would work, then saved it as a .csv file. Then i used this in 1Password when importing, and the process worked.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@PerthSurfer

Make sure you have all your expected items. The LastPass data provided via a browser window can sometimes be truncated prematurely (depending upon browser, platform).

FYI: LastPass exporting has historically been... bad.

• PerthSurfer
    PerthSurfer
    Community Member

@MrC

Thanks for explaining this. I am going through each entry now to double check nothing is missing.
    I am also changing every password as i believe that is necessary since their data breach. It's going to take a very long time :O

This discussion has been closed.