To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old User 1Password - just tried to upgrade and lost passwords.

Options
Powerbuilt
Powerbuilt
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

I did not see any prompts to carry over. Created emergency code with bar code. I scanned thinking it would upload my 300 passwords, no luck. Downloaded version 8. I am screwed? Should have left it alone will not sleep tonight and have sleepless nights going forward. Any help out there? Tried sending message to 1password and got a computer reply that does not address my issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Powerbuilt
    Powerbuilt
    Community Member
    Options

Old user of 1PassWord and signed up for new version and screwed up bad.
    I did not see any prompts to carry over. Created emergency code with bar code. I scanned thinking it would upload my 300 passwords, no luck. Downloaded latest version 8. I am screwed? Should have left it alone will not sleep tonight and have sleepless nights going forward. Any help out there? Tried sending message to 1password and got a computer reply that does not address my issue.

Note: Just looked old version 1password still on iPhone and iPad and iCloud. Passwords still there. How do I bring over to MacBook? How to I download into new version 8 1Password? Thanks for any help. I am lost big time…..

1Password Version: 7
    Extension Version: To current
    OS Version: Monterey version 12.5
    Browser:_ Safari

• Powerbuilt
    Powerbuilt
    Community Member
    Options

Update: No help anywhere. I copied what I had to Keychain and will be all done with 1password. Been a lot of years using app.
    No real customer service, very surprised.

• Powerbuilt
    Powerbuilt
    Community Member
    Options

Update: No help anywhere. I copied what I had to Keychain and will be all done with 1password. Been a lot of years using app.
    No real customer service, very surprised.

• Hello @Powerbuilt! 👋

I'm sorry that there's been a delay in our response, we've had a lot of new users reaching out to the support team recently and we've fallen a little bit behind. My colleague has just sent you an email, if you're still interested in migrating to 1Password 8 then please reply to that email and we would be happy to get everything working for you.

Since we have a communications channel open via email I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JUI-26742-936

This discussion has been closed.