Beta channel 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000048)

svandor
svandor
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

Just installed update. Settings "About" banner says I am now on Beta channel. My subscription (settings "Advanced") says I am on the Production channel. Has a beta just overwritten the current production release? Can I get back on Production?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000048) Beta channel'

Comments

• Hello @svandor! ๐Ÿ‘‹

It sounds like you're currently using a beta version but you've selected production updates moving forward. The next time that there's a production update that is more recent than the current beta version that you're running you'll be automatically moved to the production version.

You can read more here: Use 1Password beta releases

I hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• svandor
    svandor
    Community Member

Thanks, thatโ€™s good to know. But you misunderstand the problem. I have ALWAYS had the production channel selected. Yesterday a beta update was automatically downloaded and installed without notice that is was beta (or it was mislabeled). Worst case scenario: a beta release was inadvertently queued up in the PRODUCTION channel. Somebody in release management should look into it.

• svandor
    svandor
    Community Member

ps The 1Password.com site does not make it easy to learn what current production and beta versions are (cksums or numeral strings).

• @svandor

Thank you for clarifying. I haven't seen reports of that happening from other users so far. So that we can investigate further I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• svandor
    svandor
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Hi, Dave. I have sent a diagnostics report to Zed in the support team. If you're the Dave I think you might be, better for you to attend to other things while Zed and I hash this out. One possibly unusual point -- I do use the beta channel for my Ubuntu and Windows laptop (both distributions). Maybe when I changed one of those over to beta, my entire account became beta on 1password servers? Just a shot in the dark. Thanks for great engineering in a great product. Hoping you keep thwarting the baddies hacking at you.
    -Steven V.

• @svandor

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report. I've located your ticket and I see that my colleagues are looking into this for you. Please continue the conversation over email, I'm closing this thread to prevent confusion. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

(P.S. I've removed your phone number from your comment since this is a public forum.)

ref: DCF-69317-664

This discussion has been closed.