iOS App Store / 1Password currently unavailable [French App Store]

el_Fakir
el_Fakir
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

Hi there,

Trying to install 1Password 8 on a new iOS device, using the https://apps.apple.com/app/id1511601750 link, but a message pops, saying that App is currently not available for my country or region. Location is France. Very strange because last week, 1Password was still there and I was able to install without any issue.

Could you please check, are you releasing a new version? Thanks!

Comments

• pem
    pem
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hi,
    I have exactly the same thing (IOS 16.2, App Store France)
    It was also the case yesterday evening (i.e. 12 hours ago)
    Can you do something?
    Thanks!

• m33m33
    m33m33
    Community Member

Just now that I managed to convince my guys to move from lastpass to 1password.
    Failed to install the app on their phones, got roasted.

FML

• m33m33
    m33m33
    Community Member

Let's send that the 1P email support... done.

• Hi @el_Fakir @pem @m33m33 :

We are temporarily removing some of our apps from Apple’s Mac & iOS App Stores in France and French Overseas Territories. This means that 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Safari on Mac will be temporarily unavailable on the French App Store. We're working hard to make them available in the French App Store again as soon as possible.

The temporary unavailability will affect only people who have never downloaded the above apps from the App Store. If you have previously downloaded either of these apps, you can still download them again by going to the Purchased section of your App Store account.

• mrcf23
    mrcf23
    Community Member

I Love 1password but recently the app has been bugging a lot on iOS. It automatically crashes when i try to sign in. And the worst part? It is no longer available in the french appstore without any prior reason or explanation! This is totally unacceptable. Kindly fix your issues As soon as possible or you will lose a lot of fan base. Thanks

• @mrcf23

I'm sorry to hear that the app is crashing on your iOS device. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can investigate further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023

@WorldIRC

An issue regarding how applications are sold on App Stores in France has affected our application’s availability. In response, we decided to temporarily remove 1Password 8 for iOS and 1Password for Safari from the Mac & iOS App Stores as we diligently work to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.

Our difficult decision to temporarily remove our apps from the French App Store was necessary to allow us to update our apps in other countries and territories. We are working diligently to resolve this issue and expect that our apps will be available in the French App Store again very soon.

-Dave

• el_Fakir
    el_Fakir
    Community Member

By very soon, you mean very soon soon, or very soon not that soon?.. 😬 An ETA to share with us, maybe?

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023

There are a few different roadblocks that are delaying the next update. Regarding the France App Store, we aren’t able to share a timeframe at the moment, but rest assured that we’re working as hard as possible to minimize the disruption this has caused. Please accept our apologies.

-Dave

• mltomb
    mltomb
    Community Member

Hello.

I am in the same case.

I managed to convince my guys to move from lastpass to 1password.

You will update us via an email or something when the app is available again ?

Thanks

• @mltomb

We'll make sure to update this thread. We can also certainly send you an email when 1Password is available in the French App Store again, please send me an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure that I get you added to the list of folks to contact.

-Dave

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hello. I have a problem I am in France, and 1password is no longer available for download. I got a message saying this app is not available in your region. I don't understand 1password has always been available. did you notice that too?

• @Zayatoshi

We’ve temporarily removed 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Safari from Apple’s App Stores in France and French Overseas Territories and we’re working hard to make them available again. In the meantime, if you’ve downloaded the app before, you can redownload it from your Purchases: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204088

-Dave

• chlomik
    chlomik
    Community Member

Hello, please add me to the list of people to alert once the apps are back in the French mac app store and iOS store please.

[#CXE-66386-521]

• azde4556aze4f5az
    azde4556aze4f5az
    Community Member

Very worried to discover that the app is removed for no reason from the France Apple Store. There is no explanation no ETA. It's a concern. I'm considering moving to another more reliable plateform.

• @chlomik

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has added you to our contact list and we'll reach out as soon as 1Password is back in the France App Store. 🙂

-Dave

• @azde4556aze4f5az

An issue with how applications are sold on the Apple App Store in France has affected our apps availability – we’re working diligently to resolve this. We’ve filed all of the necessary documentation to Apple and expect to be available there again very soon.

In the meantime, if you’ve downloaded the app before, you can redownload it from your Purchases: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204088

-Dave

• azde4556aze4f5az
    azde4556aze4f5az
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Appreciated.

• Alanka
    Alanka
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

A bit of transparency from 1password will be very welcomed.
    It is good for the 1password team to publish a blog post to criticize Lastpass, but it would be better to apply also to themselves.

Could you detail exactly what the issue is on the Apple App Store in France? Many other app are still available in the App Store...

• @azde4556aze4f5az

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@Alanka

I don't have any more information that I can share at this time. We'll update this thread when 1Password is available in the France App Store again but if you'd like to be personally notified then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com . After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure that I get you added to the list of folks to contact.

-Dave

• Alanka
    Alanka
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

Could you ask your management for being allowed to share more details about the reason for this removal other than a vague sentence? It would demonstrate that you are taking care of your customers and improving your reputation.

• Pifou69
    Pifou69
    Community Member

1password 8 is available on the French store.

• Alanka
    Alanka
    Community Member

It is a great news :-)

• el_Fakir
    el_Fakir
    Community Member

Yep, at least, that's great, thanks for the update Pifou69! But still a bit annoyed by lack of communication from 1Password, we do not know the root cause of that issue, and what devs team did to ensure such situation will not happen again.

• @Pifou69 is correct, 1Password for iOS is indeed back in the App Store in France and French Overseas Territories! We thank everyone for their patience and understanding during the brief period that the apps were unavailable on the App Store.

If you haven't already downloaded 1Password on your iPhone or iPad, you can now once again find it on the App Store here: 1Password 8 - Password Manager dans l’App Store.

This discussion has been closed.