To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading to subscription/membership question

Options
Mork
Mork
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

If I upgrade to a subscription/membership 1P option, will I have the opportunity in that upgrade to create a new master password?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Mork !

I don't know if you are able to change your Master Password right when upgrading to a subscription. But if you have the subscription, you are able to change your Master Password at any time.
    How to change your 1Password account password

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...since I plan to use a Yuibkey when I upgrade to a paid membership, is this discussion about master password moot? I am not sure if some user/pass cred's are still needed or if the Yubikey does the entire login.

If I have to "remember" the master password (for example, to enter it) and not have it as some long random string of digits, then it need to be simpler, which doesn't sound good for security.

I'm still not getting it I guess.

Suggestions?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not using a Yubikey, so I'm not quite sure ... But because the Yubikey works as a second factor of authentication, I believe you have to remember your Master Password to be able to use it if you have to.
    Read here: Use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

OK, sounds good ... thanks very much for your kind reply. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome, @Mork ! 👍

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

Quick question -- Now that all my vaults are online, is there a "duplicate login" finder? I probably have lots of dup logins in multiple vaults. Perhaps the best way is to just move all the passwords into a single vault, sort them, and manually figure out the dups and delete?

Just wondering if there is a better approach.

Thanks!

• @Mork

I'm sorry to say there is not a duplicate remover within 1Password 8. Be careful that you remove the correct copy and not the wrong one. I would encourage the user of the archive feature if you happen to make a mistake it's fairly easily reversed. From my own use I recommend working with smaller sets of items. No more than 10 or so at a time. I found that was what helped me prevent fatigue and keep me on top of things.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

That sounds good. Thanks.

• I'm glad to see that Tommy and DenalB were able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.