Sharing In 1Password: Optionally Require A Password To View A Shared Item Online?

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Lounge

I had this thought for a feature idea, where you could optionally require a password in order to view a shared item online, particularly for non-users of 1Password. This would be useful when sharing files, login items, and other secure things, too. One counterpoint is that it doesn't make as much sense for something like a login item, where there's the login password itself being shared. However, I think the point of an optional password would be to prevent prying eyes, rather than just increasing the security of it. (In other words, maybe you create a PIN or a simple password that you tell your friend, something easy for them to remember, and doing so keeps most of the unsophisticated bad actors out.) I've seen this feature with other cloud services.

Edit: 1Password gives you the option to share an item with certain emails only, and that's great, but I'm still interested in the above.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @nimvio! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion. I can see how being able to set an additional password for shared items would be useful and I've passed along your feedback to the product team. For now, as you mentioned, you can prevent others from opening the link by adding the intended recipient's email address. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31023172

This discussion has been closed.