Feature request: deferrable master password

Options
LouKrieg
LouKrieg
Community Member

1Password asks for the master password to be entered every 30 days (I believe, used to be two weeks). This of course always occurs when one is attempting to use the product to log in to some account. Very inconvenient, especially if one has a long (good) master passphrase. I suggest that the user be prompted to re-enter their master password starting at some interval (28 days perhaps), but allow deferring that until the 30 day deadline. This allows a user to actually use 1Password as intended (let's say logging into a parking app while running late for an appointment), but when it is convenient, perform the authentication to restart the 30 day clock. This applies to all 1Password clients.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @LouKrieg! 👋

Can you tell me what kind of device you're using? 1Password already allows you to set the Require password setting to "Never" if you wish. You can find the preference on the Security page in the 1Password app's settings. If you don't see the "Never" option then make sure to scroll down in the menu.

-Dave

• LouKrieg
    LouKrieg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave_1P. Thanks for responding. I use iOS and iPadOS devices, plus MacOS Ventura, and occasionally Windows 11 (on VmWare). The "Never" option was not there last time I had looked. Not sure when that was added, but that is a good option for my use case.
    Thanks again.

--Lou

• @LouKrieg

We added the option with version 8.9.4 so that explains why you didn't see it before.

If you have any other questions in the future then don't hesitate to let us know. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.