Our SSL has expired on us AGAIN

Options
KnowsNothing
KnowsNothing
Community Member
edited February 2023 in SCIM Bridge

Seems to be an issue with Let's Encrypt auto updating the R3 SSL for our DO instance of SCIM. How do we troubleshoot this? When this happened in the past we needed to delete and re-deploy.

Also the DO MarketPlace is several versions out-of-date. How can we update so that we recieve the SECURITY UPDATES in a timely maner?

Finally the MarketPlace says the major version is Version 2.9.0 then below that it says 2.7.0 but when installed its 2.7.1 so still missing 2.7.2 AND 2.7.3.

Frustrating AND confusing.

^^^ Our installed version

^^^ MarketPlace versions

^^^ 1Password releases

1Password Version: 1.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @KnowsNothing:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have. Taking a closer look at this would likely require a conversation via email, so if you haven't emailed us at support@1password.com already, that would be best. Mention you're having trouble with 1Password SCIM Bridge, and we'll be able to go from there.

Jack

• KnowsNothing
    KnowsNothing
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

I did already, I'll try again...

Thought EVERYONE could learn if posted here. ;-)

• KnowsNothing
    KnowsNothing
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

Any idea how long the email route normally takes? I've only recived automated messages thus far.

Thanks

• Hi @KnowsNothing:

I was able to locate your message to us, so myself or one of my colleagues will be in touch with you soon. Thanks!

Jack

• KnowsNothing
    KnowsNothing
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again... The SSL cert is about to expire again. How can I troubleshoot this issue so that the SSL Certificate auto-renews?

• Hi @KnowsNothing,
    Thank you for reaching out and apology for delay here.
    For an older version you might be facing a known issue. I would advise to update your 1Password SCIM bridge, which is way to generate the certificate. This is the preferred and recommended way. For your consideration, here are links to Scim-update steps as well as the Release notes in case you want to read about the improvements.

• KnowsNothing
    KnowsNothing
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks hemal.g_1p, ...
    but unfortunately the Digital Ocean Marketplace version is so old it maintains the"Known Issue". They are Rocking the 2.7.4.

• HdBUwe
    HdBUwe
    Community Member
    Options

We just set up our new SCIM-Bridge on DigitalOcean and can't get past the verification step for receiving a certificate from Let's Encrypt.
    Error reads "LetsEncrypt challenge attempt failed. Verify that your SCIM bridge's domain name has not been rate limited."
    Could this error be connectet with not having the current version? The marketplace site ( https://marketplace.digitalocean.com/apps/1password-scim-bridge ) says its version 2.9.4, but installs version 2.7.4, as statet by KnowsNothing. To make things even more confusing, the linked Release Notes from the marketplace site ( https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/SCIM?utm_source=digitalocean_marketplace_app_listing_page ) list version 2.8.1 was released on 2023-05-08...

• jcochran
    jcochran
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, however using Azure Kubernetes.
    I tried to update per documentation, however nothing. Emailed support and just get Automated responses....

• pocpharma
    pocpharma
    Community Member
    Options

same as above comment

• KnowsNothing
    KnowsNothing
    Community Member
    Options

Try this:

Here are the instructions on how to update your SCIM bridge in DigitalOcean.

Click Kubernetes.
    Click on your Kubernetes Cluster.
    Click Kubernetes Dashboard.
    Click Deployments.
    Click on your SCIM bridge.
    Click the Pencil at the top right to edit.

At approximately line 232, you should see the following:

containers:
    - name: op-scim-bridge
      image: 1password/scim:v2.7.4 (or whichever version you're on right now)
      command:

Change this to 2.8.1

Click Update.

• Chas_1P
    Options

We wanted everyone to know that the latest version of the SCIM bridge is on the DigitalOcean Marketplace now. This is 2.8.1.

Please let us know after upgrading if you are still experiencing this issue.

This discussion has been closed.