Feature request: Archived items in search results

Options
shhh
shhh
Community Member

As part of spring cleaning after migrating from LastPass, I am using the Archive feature to archive item that are not in active use but I don't want to permanently delete.

This sounds like a good idea in theory but since these items don't appear in search results or auto-fill, there is a risk of out-of-sight out-of-mind and a potential to inadvertently create a duplicate login item when attempting to sign in to a site after several years.

Can you please add an option to include archived items in search results to address this use case?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @shhh! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thank you for the suggestion, I've passed it along to the product team so that they can look into adding the ability to search the Archive to a future version of 1Password.

If you have items might be used sometimes, but you don't want to see them suggested all the time, then another option would be to move the items to a different vault rather than archiving them: Move and copy items. You can then create a collection in the apps that excludes that vault and de-select the vault from 1Password in the browser.

I hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-30965594

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P That's a good idea but it doesn't address the core issue of inadvertently creating duplicates when a login item has been intentionally excluded and then forgotten about.

Here is where another often-requested feature to scan all vaults (including Archive) for duplicate login items, based on website URL and/or username would be helpful. Please consider adding this feature.

• @shhh

That's a good idea but it doesn't address the core issue of inadvertently creating duplicates when a login item has been intentionally excluded and then forgotten about.

The Archive is intended to be a storage place for items that you don't want 1Password to surface or suggest to you anymore. If you'd like 1Password to remind you of a login item for a certain website then you should keep that login item in your vault rather than the vault's Archive.

Here is where another often-requested feature to scan all vaults (including Archive) for duplicate login items, based on website URL and/or username would be helpful. Please consider adding this feature.

Thank you, I've passed along your request for a duplicate finder to the team. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-31043347

This discussion has been closed.