1password6 will not open

donaldfriedman
donaldfriedman
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have 1password 6.8.9 running on a Macbook Pro. I downloaded a copy of 1Password 7 to see what it offered, and realized I had to purchase a subscription to be able to add new passwords to it.

I removed 1password 7 from my system by moving it to the trash. This did not help.

This is what happens:
-- I double click on 1Password.app (Version 6.8.9 in Applications folder)
-- The large window with "Enter your Master Password" appears, I enter my Password and "return". Then the dots become grey, but nothing happens (no opening of the treasure) However, the key symbol is open, and the icon toggles back and forth from grey to blue. I have to use Force Quit to exit the program.

Please help me fix this problem.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 8.9
OS Version: mac 12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @donaldfriedman! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble. 1Password 6 for Mac is no longer supported, that being said I recommend that you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can see what kind of assistance they can provide. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.