switched to Dropbox sync - old WIFI sync devices remain

wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member
edited January 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi,

Thanks for an awesome product! I use 1P every single day and recommend it often.

A long way back I switched from WIFI to Dropbox synching and never looked back. Works like a charm.

At that time I also switched my wife's 1P synching method to Dropbox. Recently I noticed she still had 3 old devices in her Mac 1P sidebar. Two of these are devices that no longer exist in our home or network.

I went to clean those up and deleted them. On relaunch one of them reaappeared and i can't manage to be permanently rid of it.

I tried multiple times to delete it. I tried restarting 1P and the entire Mac at one point. It won't go away.

It's not a crisis that it's there, but I'd like to remove it to avoid confusion for her or for me when I need to work on it in the future.

I saw a couple other threads on the forum on the same topic, but just deleting them as suggested in those threads, didn't do the trick for me. One suggested updating to the latest Mac 1P, but she and I both run the latest stable build at all times (non-AppStore).

reference thread:
http://forum.agilebi...n-sync-section/

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much for your kind words, Mike! It means a lot to us. Let's see if we can resolve this for you.

It's a bit of a long shot without some more details, but it's possible that a reset of folder permissions will help. Select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.

Once we see the report we should be able to help more. Thanks in advance!
  • wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Thanks! I launched her 1P app, executed that menu command, and then unlocked 1P. At that point the old devices were no longer showing. The Reset Folder Permissions seemed to do the trick.

Mike

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.