"Send Diagnostics" throws error saying "Set up an email app".

Options
1Passworder1
1Passworder1
Community Member

On my Pixel 7 Pro android device, I am having an issue with 1Password app crashing. To report it, I tried to send diagnostics data. I went to settings -> help -> send diagnostics.

But when I tap that, it throws a pop up with title "Set up an email app", and content below that says

"To send a diagnostic report, you will need to set up an email app on this device first."

I do have email apps set up - Spark and Gmail. No other apps have this problem. I test tried "contact us / report bug" or similar options in other apps and they are detecting and opening the email app just fine.

1Password Version: 8.10.0-9.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14 DP1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1Passworder1, thanks for writing in and reporting this issue.

We have recently identified that in some scenarios, 1Password may not recognize the default mail app on a device. As a temporary work around, installing three total mail apps (Gmail, Spark and Proton mail for example) should allow you to select your preferred email app and send the report. My apologies for the trouble here.

ref: dev/core/core#19153

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip @ag_timothy . I already had Spark and GMail installed. I now also installed Outlook. Now when I tap the "Send Diagnostics" button, it directly opens in Outlook; without asking me to choose from the 3 apps.

(I did send the diagnostic report via Outlook for now.)

• Thanks for sharing that @1Passworder1, my apologies for the trouble here. When I've reproduced I am presented the option to select a mail app. I'm not sure why you were routed to Outlook directly but I've added that to the issue for further review.

This discussion has been closed.