Manulife app

Options
Stephen19
Stephen19
Community Member

Hello. Relatively new 1P user here, and my first time posting a question. I am able to sign in to the Manulife website on my laptop using 1P - no problem; my user name and password populate perfectly. However, when I try to sign in to the Manulife app on my phone (Pixel 6a), nothing populates in the username or password fields. As well, I am unable to generate a prompt to open 1Password on my phone (I believe this usually resides above the keyboard). FYI: the app is linked to the login. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.14 (80914009)
Extension Version: 2.6.0.
OS Version: Windows 11, Version 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:manulife

Comments

• Hi @Stephen19, thanks for writing in!

I did some testing with the Manulife Mobile app. I found that with filling prompts above the keyboard, 1Password would prompt from the username field. With prompts below field, 1Password prompts from the username and password field. If you're using the "remember me" feature, or the prompt does not appear consistently from either field, I would suggest setting prompts below fields:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

Let me know how that goes!

• Stephen19
    Stephen19
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Timothy: Thanks for the testing and the prompt response. I followed your instructions and it worked - with one minor "quirk." I've attached 3 screenshots that illustrate what I'm about to describe. 1) The first screenshot is what I see when I open the app; 2) The second is what happens if I hold my finger on either the username or password field for a second or two, an "Auto-fill" prompt presents. 3) When I tap the "Auto-fill" prompt, I'm then presented with two choices: my Manulife credentials (the 1Password item) and "Open 1Password." When I tap my Manulife credentials (email clumsily redacted), the fields populate, and I'm in. I hope that makes sense, and that these screenshots help anyone else using the app.

Also wanted to say how impressed I am, as a new user, with the terrific service and responsiveness from the 1P Support team. Every inquiry has been responded to quickly. 1P has their customer care training down to a fine art, that's for sure.

Again, much appreciated!!

• Wow, thank you so much for your kind words as well as your screenshots, @Stephen19.

I've tested the Manulife app as well and confirm that I see the same behaviour. What you've done is manually trigger Autofill, an alternative to when an Autofill prompt does not appear on its own.

Thanks again for the update, and let us know if you have any other questions while you navigate 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.