Chrome 1Password Beta Extension Not Updating

Options

I am currently running the Chrome 1Password Beta Extension version 2.6.1. I noticed 2.7.0 had been released last week. When I right click on the extension icon in the browser bar and select "Check for Updates" I get my little toast notification saying "Thank you for running the latest version (2.6.1) of 1Password."

I even right clicked on the icon, went to "Manage Extension" and then "View in Chrome Web Store" and confirmed the URL matches the pinned FAQ topic in the forums and the version shown in the Chrome Web Store is 2.7.0.

This is probably easily solved by uninstalling the extension and re-installing but I just found it strange that it wouldn't automatically update. I need to apply some other updates and reboot too, so I'll try that first before pulling out the big hammer.

1Password Version: 8.10.0 BETA
Extension Version: 2.6.1 BETA
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• Authority
    Authority
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I kind of forgot about this. I have definitely rebooted a few times since but never removed the extension to re-install it but today I noticed I'm 2.8.0 so I guess the auto-update finally kicked in and did it's job. Not sure when that happened.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Authority, it is strange that the beta version of the extension did not update for you earlier in the month. If that happens again, I would recommend fully quitting your browser and then re-opening it to see if that forces the update to happen. I would also recommend rebooting, but just once, to see if that helps. If there's no difference after trying all that out, then please reach back out to let us know about it. I would be interested to see if you have any other issues with the extension, such as being unable to unlock it properly. I would also be interested to know if you have other extensions in your browser.

I'm sorry we did not get back to you sooner about this, but please don't hesitate to contact us back if the issue appears again. If you don't get a reply in the forum, you can send us an email at support@1password.com and we'll reply to you from there.

This discussion has been closed.