Nested Tags Bug

Options
jhuynh
jhuynh
Community Member

Hi there, I am currently using nested tags on the Mac app, with my passwords imported from an XML file from KeePass. It appears as though some of my nested categories are working fine (Ex. TagA shows only TagA items, while TagA/TagB shows only TagA/TagB items). However I also have other nested tags where the children are showing up in their parent tags, (Ex. Items only tagged with TagA/TagB are still showing up in the TagA category.) I tried deleting the tags altogether, renaming the tags, and adding them back together, but they still show up in the parent.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jhuynh,

To confirm, the current behaviour for tags is that clicking the parent tag will show items with that tag as well as those tagged with any tags nested under that tag. For example, items tagged TagA, TagA/TagB, and TagA/TagC will all show when you view TagA. Is this consistent with what you're experiencing? Let me know if not and we can investigate further. 🙂

• jhuynh
    jhuynh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew! Oh okay, I see. Yes, that's what I'm currently seeing. Thank you! I will just revise how I structure my tags then. :) Appreciate the quick response.

• Happy to help! Hopefully you won't have too much work ahead, let me know if you have any questions as you go. 😊

This discussion has been closed.