how to move passwords from Private vault to family member vault

bobsully
bobsully
Community Member

Trying to move passwords on a Mac but screen does not appear as in example. How do I move imported passwords from the Private vault to a Family members vault? I am logged in as admin

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:how to move passwords from Private vault to family member vault

Comments

• @bobsully

Move and copy items

Are you using the desktop app? It will make the process much easier. That might explain why the interface looks different.

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member

Well I discovered that there are some steps that are only available after the a family member was added. As soon as I added a new person it then told me that the tasks I was attempting would not be available until after they verified. I can't imagine trying to use my iPhone 12 mini for any administrative tasks, although I know a lot of folks might.

• I can't imagine trying to use my iPhone 12 mini for any administrative tasks,

I would agree 100% I would not use my larger phone for such tasks. I much prefer the screen real estate of my Mac.

Did you resolve the move troubles? I didn't want to leave you hanging.

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I resolved it, but not using directions provided. Once I added a user and assigned them to the new vault I could right click each password in my Private vault and move/copy it to the new vault. Thank you for your help.

This discussion has been closed.