Request: Search Through Archived Items On Desktop, Web* & Mobile Apps

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

Loving the updates to 1Password (& 1Password 8) on iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, & macOS. (I also use the 1Password.com web app, and hope it gets updated, too.) My feedback request is: I'm now fully utilizing the Archive feature, but increasingly, I occasionally need to refer back to some of my archived items, and it'd be helpful if I was able to search through them, even if just by title, for example.

Also, for what it's worth, I sometimes want to link an archived item to another item in Archive, but doing so requires a little trickery (you have to restore the items you want linked to each other, and then archive them together again after linking).

* = Note: the current web app actually does allow you to search through Archive, but it's not clear if that's specifically intended, or if it will stay that way in the future.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

I now realize there's a way to do this on the macOS desktop app, but I kind of like the Cmd + Shift + F command better than Option + Cmd + F, but that's just me.

• Hi @nimvio,

Thanks for your insight and kind words! At this time the apps are more up to date with new features than 1Password.com, but you make a good point about having consistent functionality across the board. I'll share your feedback here with our Product team.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I recommend giving collections a try: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults. You can create a vault or multiple vaults to use as pseudo archives and store them in a collection of their own so you can search them exclusively.

Let me know if you give that a try or have any questions. 🙂

ref: PB-31087771

This discussion has been closed.