Mac Safari extension icon locked

Options
bobsully
bobsully
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

I am a new user of the product and find that on my Mac. macOS 3.2.1 (22D68), Safari (Version 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6), The extension appears to be installed but doesn't show up on the Toolbar, although if I attempt to add it, in that menu, it appears. The additional problems are that is continuously shows up as a locked icon when a password is required and I see no way to start it up from there. I would like the application to auto logon and stay active.

1Password Version: the latest
Extension Version: downloaded the latest
OS Version: macOS 3.2.1 (22D68),
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Mac Safari extension icon locked

Comments

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    Options

So far I have found that if I install both 1P for Mac and 1P for Safari, the icon is available on the toolbar and I fooled around with some settings and it seems not to log me out when I close a session.

I am finding support for 1P rather lacking, other than the support community. But feel it is superior to Dashlane which no longer fully supports the Safari browser.

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    Options

Well I think I solved the issue on my own. It turns out that current version 7 for Mac is in the App Store, but on the 1Password site they have a version 8 for Mac. When I installed version 8 it removed the 1Password for Safari icon menu, leaving on the !P 8 for Mac, but the Safari works just fine.

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @bobsully 👋

Since you've also emailed us, I'll close this thread to avoid duplicating our efforts. I've sent you a reply via email - let's continue our conversation there. 🙂

Thanks so much.

Alvin

ref: FHZ-31743-494

This discussion has been closed.