how to store 2 passwords (primary and secondary login) inside one item

Options
Patrick101
Patrick101
Community Member

Is there an object type that would allow the storage of 2 or more passwords? For example: Quicken requires a password to access a given file (primary password). Once in this file, if I want to further download transactions from certain financial institutions, I need to provide another password to open Quicken's internal vault. Unfortunately, 1password's "Password" item only allows one unrevealed password field. Other custom fields could be used to store the secondary password, but the text is then revealed, rather than showing as ********. Any thoughts or workarounds would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:how to store 2 passwords (primary and secondary login) inside one item

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Patrick101

Create your new fields as type Password, and these will be concealed. You can do this in any category.

Question for you. Is there any reason you aren’t using the same password for the Quicken file, and it’s password vault?

• Patrick101
    Patrick101
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MrC: this worked perfectly! I had not realized that label types could be changed to 'Password'.

• I'm happy that MrC was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.