1Password 8 - When will using security pin be added back?

Options
dougouverson
dougouverson
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

For personal reasons, I do not use facial recognition on my iPhone.

The devs have decided to remove the option to use my security pin as a means of opening the app. Therefore, I now have to enter my master password whenever I open the app.

This renders the app almost unusable for me.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dougouverson! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! I don't have any ETAs to share on when, or if, PIN code unlock will be added to 1Password 8 but I would be happy to pass along your request to our product team. Would you be able to share why you're unwilling to use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone? I can include the reason along with your request to help push for a PIN code unlock feature on your behalf.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1222

• dougouverson
    dougouverson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave, for taking the time.

If you will allow me, I could turn the tables and ask why your devs are unwilling to respect my privacy choices by removing a built-in privacy feature on iOS devices.

I've used 1P for 7 or 8 years now; first the paid app (sync via Dropbox) and then the subscription. I have a family plan.

Losing this feature makes using the app unpleasant - to say the least.

-Doug

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

@dougouverson

As far as I understand it, the PIN code unlock feature in 1Password 7 was our own implementation. It wasn't related to the "built-in" passcode used to unlock the iOS device itself. That being said, I've passed along your feedback to the team. 🙂

-Dave

• dougouverson
    dougouverson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave.

• @dougouverson

Thank you again for your feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• optimus239
    optimus239
    Community Member
    Options

Add +1 to pin unlock request. My use case is the 70+ year old parents who don't use Touch ID as they dont do that well and a device PIN works best on their iPhones. I'm WAY more worried about online hackers cracking weak/reused passwords, then them losing or having their phones stolen and someone cracking their device pin. I'm coming from LastPass that had this feature and dissapointed it was pulled from the latest version of 1Password. Please keep v7 working until this feature is added to v8. Otherwise, i'll be cancelling my Family account and moving elsewhere.

• @optimus239 – It's on the way! Our recent blog post outlines forthcoming new features, which you may well find interesting:

Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

This discussion has been closed.