1password locked me out of my Bank account

Options
pathfinder76
pathfinder76
Community Member

I used 1password, went to change my password, and 1pwd picked a new password, remembered it, but only populated 1 of the 2 new password fields. i do remember last pass would have you remember the new password, after it was accepted by the bank. but the workflow in 1pswd had me accept the new password, then hit enter for the bank website.

any thoughts on what i am doing wrong

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• OhioDad
    OhioDad
    Community Member
    Options

Are you just looking for your previous password? If so, there's a "Show previous passwords" button available when you open that item in the full app.

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

great question, that helps but that is not my question. in lastpass, it would give you the option to save the password, AFTER , the change occured. but in 1password, it appears to change the password BEFORE, the change goes thru. so if there is an error in accepting the new password, 1password already is using the new password. but that does help to know how to see the previous password

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

It is a flaw in 1Password that it is possible to save a changed password before it is actually confirmed by the website. Having the password history prevents from being totally locked out. It's better than having nothing, however I'd like to see a workflow similar to every other password manager I saw in the past that offers saving a changed password after the website confirmed it. It was never explained why 1Password works this way - I would accept this strange behavior if there is a possible security leak the other way, but that leak would target every password manager. So why can they do this, while 1Password cannot?

• Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback here. We understand that some improvements can be made here and I've sent these details over to the Product team. If you have anything further to add or any other suggestions, please let us know! We're always interested in learning from our customers where improvements can be made.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 😀

ref: 31038545
    ref: 31038971

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for looking at it

• Happy to help, @pathfinder76!

This discussion has been closed.