1Password didn't close after 1 hour

Options
70ChevyNova
70ChevyNova
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Windows

I have 1Password set to close after 1 hour of non-use. Normally, it has worked without issue. However, last evening, I quit using the PC around 9 PM Eastern, and when i got on this morning at Noon Eastern, it was still running.

Please advise on what can cause this and how to fix it. Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (with latest update/patches)
Browser:_ Google Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:1password didn't close after 1 hour

Comments

• Hello @70ChevyNova,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've experienced with 1Password 8 for Windows not auto-locking after the set timeframe. This guide about how to set 1Password to lock automatically explains these settings, but it sounds like you've already adjusted this.

This type of behaviour usually indicates something on your device has caused your PC from going idle. 1Password's auto-lock will cause the app to lock when there’s no keyboard, mouse, or trackpad activity on your PC for the specified time.

You mentioned:

However, last evening, I quit using the PC around 9 PM Eastern, and when i got on this morning at Noon Eastern, it was still running.

When you returned to your PC, was the device itself asleep or still active and ready to use? If you reboot your device, reduce the auto-lock timer to 1 minute, does 1Password 8 for Windows lock as expected? If not, and/or your device is not going to sleep as expected, I wanted to point you to a guide that discusses this subject and maybe helpful: Fix Windows 10/11 Sleep Mode Not Working [Solved]

Let us know how things go with your tests!

This discussion has been closed.