Plugin won't sync w/ app.

Options
JRWest
JRWest
Community Member

I'm using the plugin in firefox. In the plugin, I select "edit" in an item. It takes me to the 1password app. I edit a field. I save the item.
The plugin doesn't see the edited field.
I killed the browser. I killed 1password.
No joy.

The field is edited in the app, but not in the plugin. WTF!?
Is there some magic cache someplace I need to delete to force a sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to sync plugin

Comments

• Hey @JRWest, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering a syncing issue between the 1Password application and 1Password in your browser. To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to gather a diagnostics report and some logs from your device:

Attach these to an email message addressed to support+linux@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ali

• Raiver
    Raiver
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, but this time on Brave browser on Fedora. I entered the new logins manually in the web site, but it still doesn't sync even after a restart. Is there a resolution to this or should I also send an email with the diagnostic info?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Raiver, thanks for reaching out! As investigating this may involve discussing system specifics, could you email in to support+linux@1password.com with a diagnostics report?

Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and your forum username in your email so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Raiver
    Raiver
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem, already done, thanks!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Raiver, thanks for letting me know! A member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly 😄

ref: VIL-97164-475

• Raiver
    Raiver
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the lightning fast support. Everything is working now!

If anybody else reads this after a search, the solution was simply to lock and unlock my desktop app which prompted for my 2fa code (I was never prompted for one before this was done). After that, everything got synced.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Raiver, you're very welcome! Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to share the solution here 😄

This discussion has been closed.