What is the default time between synchronizations in 1Password SCIM Bridge for Google Workspace?

Options
DenysPu
DenysPu
Community Member

What is the default time between synchronizations in 1Password SCIM Bridge for Google Workspace?
Can this parameter be changed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Denys, thanks for writing in! I'm Laz, a developer for the SCIM bridge. The default interval is 24 hours, and at the moment it cannot be configured. The automated sync interval is meant to act as a recovery mechanism for any events missed by the push notification system, so relying on this interval shouldn't be necessary to achieve a synced state

• Anis
    Anis
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @laz.h_1P
    How to check if the push notification are sent from Google ?
    My understanding is that it's Google that push an update to the SCIM bridge ? Am I right ?
    I face the issue that 1Password groups are not updating when the corresponding Google Groups is updated.
    It happen only once a day

• Anis
    Anis
    Community Member
    Options

@laz.h_1P small UP :)

• laz.h_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Anis my apologies for the delay in responding! Thanks for the bump.

How to check if the push notification are sent from Google ?

The best way to check this would be to download the bridge logs that can be obtained on the SCIM bridge web UI, and then seeing if you are getting requests to /workspace/Users and /workspace/Groups

My understanding is that it's Google that push an update to the SCIM bridge ? Am I right ?

That's right. When you set up the bridge with workspace, part of the configuration is describing to Google how it can ping the bridge when updates happen

I face the issue that 1Password groups are not updating when the corresponding Google Groups is updated.
    It happen only once a day

That update once a day is happening because of the automatic interval sync designed to pick up anything missed by the notifications. If you're not getting notifications, that's definitely a problem. The first thing I'd check is that the bridge URL in your workspace configuration is set correctly; if that is wrong then Google won't be able to reach the bridge. You can check that that is correct by looking in your bridge logs as I mentioned above.

If your bridge is getting requests to those two paths, but the requests are failing, then that's likely a bug on our end. Restarting your bridge may remedy those issues, but it depends on what the underlying cause is.

If your bridge is not getting requests to those paths, then the URL is simply wrong. Ensuring that that URL is set to the URL your bridge is publicly accessible to should fix it.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more clarification or if that doesn't resolve your issue

• Chas_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Anis, in the latest version of the SCIM bridge (2.8.1), we've decreased the regular sync interval from 24 hours down to 2 hours, so after upgrading, any changes made to a configured group in Google Workspace should, at minimum, be reflected in 2 hours. However, Google should be sending your bridge push notifications for configured groups that should be reflected in your 1Password account immediately. There are a few things to check if this is not happening. In the SCIM Bridge interface, please check the following:

1. The e-mail address entered in the Actor field is associated to a user that has the proper role attached in Google Workspace (For now, we ask this to be the Super Admin role).
    2. The SCIM bridge URL is correct.
This discussion has been closed.