To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Which 1Password subscription fits best?

Options
Felix00
Felix00
Community Member

Hey community and 1Password team,
I'm currently having a problem deciding which 1Password subscription is the best fit for my use case.

I have been using the Family Subscription since 2018, and we are all very satisfied in my family.

Now, the thing is that I want to use 1Password not only privately, but also with friends/acquaintances and possibly occasionally for business. By business, I mean that I can, for example, share data with a client for the managed services they have booked. I am active as a small IT service provider on the side.
I have already added friends and acquaintances as guests in the family subscription, it's wonderful.
I would also like to have the option, for example, to offer a friend his own vault, to which I have no access, i.e. not a shared vault. He must be able to be created as a full user.

Now my question is, can I use a family subscription for this use case, or should I rather opt for the team subscription? With a family subscription, I can add additional users, up to what number is this possible?
With the Team Subscription, the users are permanently limited to 10 and the guests to 5, or is it possible to book additional users if necessary?

The Business Subscription is currently out of the question for me, as I don't have any employees.

Which subscription would be the best for my situation?

Regards
Felix

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@felix00

It would depend on your wants and needs and also where you see yourself going. It may be that the Family membership option would work well for you as you get going. If your situation is a little more that getting going you might prefer the more structured Teams approach. I would recommend reaching out to my colleagues in email support and letting them tailor something specific to your needs. Email support would be a more direct conversation vs. sharing details you may not want visible here in the public community. My main thought is the team option will likely have additional settings you may wish to use for some needs. You can even give it a try if you like.

It might be that you'll even want to have two accounts. I have a much older teams account and it has more controls than a typical family may need. I know I prefer my family account now vs. what I had originally.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question if you've created one now.

This discussion has been closed.