How do you view or filter for uncategorized entries?

ctslaton
ctslaton
Community Member

How do you filter for uncategorized transactions. I see the syntax for untagged, but not uncategorized. I want to make sure all entries are categorized.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uncategorized

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

There are no uncategorized items.

Since categories are the templates from which every entry is created, every item was created from a category, and since you cannot change the category, every item still has a category.

• Hello @ctslaton,

Thanks for your message.

Following up after @Tertius3's message (thanks 😊), since all items will be listed under a category, you can follow the guide below to search 1Password or
    you can search specific categories using the drop down menu below the search bar:

Search in the 1Password app to find what you need - Search filters

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know. We'll be here for you.

• ctslaton
    ctslaton
    Community Member

Thanks, I never got that all entries are categorized when created and you cannot change the category. This clarifies much for me and is an important piece of information that helps me in deciding if I need to use tags and the difference between categories and tags.

• You're most welcome, @ctslaton. 👍

Tags can be used to further organize your items. If you haven't come across our support page yet for tags you can find it here: Organize with favorites and tags

Do let us know if you need anything further!

This discussion has been closed.