Trying to setup biometric face recognition on 1PW8

Options
Eightboot
Eightboot
Community Member

Trying to setup biometric face recognition on 1PW8 but as soon as I click the on switch in settings the app closes requiring re opening & entering the password.
Face recognition works to open the tablet & I have also reset the tablet recognition.
Tablet is Samsung S7FE
Previously used 1Password with pattern security. I don't find face recognition works well for me on any device. If no solution will revert to previous app (non 8)
Password entry is a pain as mine is over 15 character's

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Biometrics

Comments

• Hey @Eightboot, welcome to the Community!

To use Face Unlock, 1Password requires devices to use Google's native biometric framework as well as use strong encryption. On the majority of Android devices, Face Unlock is considered a "weak" biometric factor. This is due in part to the fact that most Android devices do not have IR or depth sensing cameras to scan facial biometry. Without that, a photo or video could trick Biometric Unlock. If you are unable to enable Face Unlock on your Android device, it's because your Android device does not meet these requirements.

Therefore, I'd recommend using your fingerprint to unlock 1Password on your Android device.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.