Allow customizing of keybindings for accounts/collections

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

Now that I've switched to V8 (finally, right?), an immediate muscle memory pain hits.

I've been using Cmd+1, Cmd+2, etc. to access certain vaults for years. And I'm constantly swapping between vaults (now accounts + collections).

The problem now is that these are listed alphabetically (which is fine), but the default keybindings for switching assign 1 to 9 is also based on that order. So when I sign in / out of test accounts, or as a matter of general use, the keybindings change.

I'd like to be able to assign Cmd+1 to my personal account, Cmd+2 to be a oft-used collection, Cmd+3 to my father-in-law's shared vault, and Cmd+4, etc. to be my testing accounts + collections.

As per this discussion, I understand why 1Password is doing alphabetical arrangement. But to have keybindings change meanings is a UI problem.

Would it be possible to allow user-assignment of these 1 to 9 bindings so that muscle memory can prevail?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hey, @MrC.

Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like the alphabetical sorting disrupted a usage pattern we hadn't considered. I'll pass this on to the team, but this is the first time I've personally heard this request, and I can't seem to find a similar one recorded anywhere, so I'm not sure it will get enough priority to become a reality before your muscle memory fades. :(

This discussion has been closed.