Firefox integration with desktop app not working

I have recently switched to Firefox (from Edge) on my Linux machine. Previously, biometric unlock unlock worked when I pressed the unlock shortcut, but now in FIrefox it doesn't seem to work for me. I found a similar topic where the option to enable integration with the desktop app was mentioned. I checked and this setting is enabled for me. I tried disabling and re-enabling it.

The unlock keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+period) also doesn't seem to work.

I have uninstalled the firefox snap and installed it from a deb package, in case the snap confinement was the root cause, but that didn't make a difference.

How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• minttamas
    minttamas
    Community Member

It looks like the shortcut not working was temporary, but the integration with the desktop app is still not working.

• Hey @minttamas,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in your browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• minttamas
    minttamas
    Community Member

To help anyone else stumbling upon this later: with the help of 1pw support, it was found that the issue was AppArmor rules blocking Firefox from accessing the 1pw process. This is how:

sudo dmesg | grep apparmor | grep firefox | grep 1Password

This revealed plenty of denials.

Then I did the following:

sudo ln -s /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox /etc/apparmor.d/disable/ 
    sudo apparmor_parser -R /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox

This wholesale disables AppArmor for the Firefox process, which might not be desirable in all situations. I'm sure a more refined solution is possible where only the access to 1pw is allowed, but I was OK with disabling it fully in my case.

• Thanks for sharing @minttamas

This discussion has been closed.