SecureCRT/SecureFX on Windows and Mac

Options
RedFoxy
RedFoxy
Community Member

Hi!
There is a way to use 1Password SSH Key with Vandyke SecureCRT and SecureFX on Windows and Mac OS? It will be usefull to have it as I use an external usb-key with a certificate, but it's only for work servers.

Thanks for your support!

1Password Version: lastes
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member
    Options

No news?

• Hi @RedFoxy:

Great question! As it currently stands, the 1Password SSH agent is only compatible with SSH clients that use the default Windows OpenSSH agent. From a quick look, it seems like SecureCRT uses it's own built in agent, rather than using a system agent. Is that correct?

Let me know.

Jack

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I don't know but I know that I can use CAPI or PKCS #11 provider DLL as you can see in following picture, I've a certificate on a card and I use it to login on my company's servers by SSH with SecureCRT

• floris_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

I'd recommend that you submit a ticket on their side to add support for Microsoft's OpenSSH agent pipe (\\.\pipe\openssh-ssh-agent), which will allow it to authenticate requests using the OpenSSH agent that ships by default on Windows. Doing so would also add support for the 1Password SSH agent for free.

This discussion has been closed.