Extension in Brave/Chrome will not unlock

Scott_R
Scott_R
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Using 1Password 7. Vault is shared via Dropbox; I don't have a 1Password account.

It works just fine in Safari. But for Brave and Chrome I have the same problem: it's correctly installed (the 1Password support pages see it installed) but I have the lock symbol on the browser icon. If I click the icon a large window pops up with an Open 1Password button on it, but if I click the button nothing happens at all.

If I open the 1Password settings in Chrome or Brave "Integrate with 1Password app" is selected (turning it off and on does nothing). "Always keep 1Password Extension helper running" is checked in 1Password 7>Preferences>Browsers

Under Accounts & Vaults in the Chrome/Brave preferences it just has "+ Sign in to a new account"; clicking it shows that "You haven’t signed in on this device yet." But AFAIK that shouldn't matter since I'm not using a 1Password account for my data, just the Dropbox vault (the Accounts preference in the app is empty).

I'd had this problem with Brave, so I just installed the extension for Chrome (it hadn't been installed at all) and tried it there and had the same issue.

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Brave/Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Scott_R! 👋

It sounds like you've installed the modern extension for Chrome/Brave which only works with 1Password account vaults. If you're using older standalone vaults then you can still use the old classic extension: Get the 1Password classic extension

I did want to mention that the classic extension hasn't been updated for many years so there might be issues that arise when using it with modern versions of Chrome, Brave, or macOS.

We're currently offering discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.