Why do I have to login to the Mac app separately from the Firefox extension?

Options
designdoug
designdoug
Community Member

Until a recent update I could login to the Mac app and I would be automatically logged into the Firefox extension. Now I have to do each one separately. Kind of a pain.

Btw I'm on a MacBook Pro (M1 2021, 16 inch) using Ventura (macOS 13.1).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @designdoug

I'd recommend updating macOS at your convenience. Then check for update to Firefox and finally for 1Password in the browser. 2.6.0 is the latest version for Firefox. If you're still having trouble please try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • designdoug
    designdoug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I updated my macOS and things seem to be back to where when I log into one, the other is logged into.

• Sounds good designdoug. If you notice any irregularities please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.