should i take the plunge

Options
pathfinder76
pathfinder76
Community Member

so i use 1password on my pc, but use the apple keychain on my iphone. the apple key chain is very seemless for long ins.

and yes, it is somewhat combersome to use both.

has anyone replaced apple key chain with iphone, and can comment on function.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@pathfinder76

It is probably safe to state that most 1Password users disable Safari saving of password data into iCloud Keychain, and disable iCloud Keychain as an auto-fill mechanism.

It is OK to leave iCloud Keychain enabled on your Apple devices, for non-Safari purposes, where in an all Apple ecosystem, it stores other credentials and important data.

Just turn off the auto-save/auto-fill behavior for Safari logins, and enable 1Password's auto-fill.

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

thanks will try that

• mark24332
    mark24332
    Community Member
    Options

I still think 1PW beats Keychain easy but it all depends on your needs.

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

so i made the change, easier and better then i initially thought it was going to be

• @pathfinder76

I'm happy to hear that everything is working well. 🙂

For anyone stumbling onto this thread in the future, I recommend that you disable Keychain as a password manager and use only 1Password in order to prevent confusion. If you use two different password managers at the same time then you may end up in situation where you have certain logins saved in one place and others in a different place. To migrate from Keychain to 1Password:

1. Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password
    2. Install 1Password in your browser on all devices
    3. Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.