Feature request: Dropdown list for tags

Options
DRAlex
DRAlex
Community Member

When creating passwords in the application, you have an opportunity to type in a tag, but unless you know the exact spelling of the tag, it's easy to inadvertently create a near-duplicate tag. Would it be possible to make tag selection have a drop-down list to help us more easily tag new passwords and avoid near-duplicate tags? This is especially important for a family with a shared vault, or any situation with multiple users.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropdown list

Comments

• beanie
    beanie
    Community Member
    Options

Seconding this request. Tags have a ways to go...

It should also be easier to bulk delete a tag from multiple items (without deleting the tag itself) and one should be able to create a new tag without having to go into individual entries. Having a master tag list that one could edit inside of, would be idea.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @DRAlex and @beanie! 👋

Can you clarify the request a little further? When I go to add a tag to an item using 1Password 8 for Mac I do see tag suggestions in a dropdown list after I click on + Add tag:

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• DRAlex
    DRAlex
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed, I can see the tag dropdown list now. I've updated 1Password and MacOS since filing the initial request, so It may have been resolved as a result of those changes.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

@DRAlex

I'm happy that the tag dropdown menu is working for you now. 🙂

-Dave

• beanie
    beanie
    Community Member
    Options

to clarify my second request, there is no way to batch remove a tag from multiple items without deleting the tag itself. I need an option to remove a tag from multiple items but leaving that tag on others, without having to manually edit each tag to remove a tag.

for example, I have a tag "LP hack" for all passwords I imported from LastPass. I'm removing that tag as I change passwords, one by one. But I'd really like to be able to just select a bunch of items with a common tag and then click "remove ____ tag"

• Hi @beanie,

Thanks for these additional details. I can certainly see how this would be useful and have shared it with our Product team for their consideration! Appreciate you surfacing it and sharing your use case, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: PB-31210685

This discussion has been closed.