Username generator

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Username instead..

Comments

• Superjet4174
    Superjet4174
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

May I add to the product request that 1Password builds a username generator? With all the recent LastPass drama, I switched myself and my family over to 1Password and am very happy I did. However, one feature I had access to at LastPass was a username generator. I noticed Bitwarden has it built into the app, which was fantastic. Still, I ended up here with 1Password.

I use a unique username and password for all my logins when and where I can. A built-in Username generator in the app would be great, so I don't have to go elsewhere for a unique username.

Thank you, Matt

• Hello @Superjet4174! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! While I can't promise anything, I've filed a feature request on your behalf to have the product team look into adding a username generator in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30964605

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

For the moment use Generate Password with a Memorable Password option

• hollabit
    hollabit
    Community Member
    Options

+1 this would be a QoL improvement for the app

• DefiCzech
    DefiCzech
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• @hollabit and @DefiCzech

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30995667
    ref: PB-30995680

• ajsmith
    ajsmith
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

It seems you already have a username generator ( https://1password.com/username-generator ), implementing this into the app/browser extension would be great

• hntle
    hntle
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1Password team,

The app 1Password already has a good random password generator, so perhaps it would be more helpful to also have a random username generator feature as well. Some websites use distinguish usernames to identify their users instead of email addresses, hence it might be a little bit inconvenient to think of a username that will be rarely used during the registration process. That said, a built-in username generator would help a lot in such cases.

Glad if the feature can be considered :).

1Password Version: 8.10.0
    Extension Version: 2.7.0
    OS Version: macOS 12.6
    Browser:_ Safari

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

I vote for this. I try [ha ha] to reduce tracking across the web and I like the notion of different email, different username [or forum name], different passcode for everything.

This discussion has been closed.