Edit jumps to the wrong entry

r3r344r4
r3r344r4
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

I'm not sure of the exact steps to reproduce. After upgrading to the latest 1Password 8 on iOS (as of Feb 19), sometimes, when I'm viewing a particular entry in 1Password, if I tap the Edit button, the entry that shows up in the Edit view is completely different from the one I was viewing when I tapped Edit! I have to cancel, and tap Edit again to get the right entry. Has anyone else run into this?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• edma
    edma
    Community Member

Yes, and this issue is reproduced almost all the time. I've sent the video of that case to support team - we'll see, but it is really confusing, because I have already edited some items incorrectly because of that :(
    Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• lukaskurka
    lukaskurka
    Community Member

+1

1Password Version: 8.10.0
    OS Version: 16.3.1

• Thanks folks this has been reported to the team.

@bugwhat The other one you mentioned have been reported too.

Sorry for the trouble folks.

ref: dev/core/core#20070
    ref: dev/core/core#20238

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member

Steps:

1. Open the inactive 2FA category in watch tower
    2. Open the first item in the list and click ignore
    3. Go back to the list
    4. Try to tap any item

Instead of opening the tapped item, the app opens the item below it, presumably because the index is off by one

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member

Version 8.10

• richcollins
    richcollins
    Community Member

Is there a tracker for this bug? It's a bad one. You can easily overwrite the wrong item's password.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023

@richcollins

No, not an external one. The team is working to resolve this. I'll get you added to the affected users list.

• kewanji
    kewanji
    Community Member

Please add me as an affected user as well.

• Done.

• Gotcha added WorldIRC

• miguelmanalo
    miguelmanalo
    Community Member

I get this bug as well

• Thanks @miguelmanalo

• lasunshine
    lasunshine
    Community Member

I'm repeatedly having the same problem as well: editing an entry in the iOS app jumps to a different record, which you're inadvertantly changing before you know it. I've messed up several login credentials so far. I imagine this is affecting lots of users. Thanks for prioritizing!

• @lasunshine

I'm sorry that you're also affected by the issue. We hope to have a fix included in a future update as soon as possible.

-Dave

• Pifou69
    Pifou69
    Community Member

Same problem for me

• Thanks @Pifou69 Hopefully the wait will not be much longer.

• Canuckeh
    Canuckeh
    Community Member

Also, me!

• @Canuckeh

I've added you to the internal tracking item for the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• mapotter99
    mapotter99
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

I’ve just switched over from Lastpass this week. I’ve been changing all of my 600+ passwords. This bug has caused me to overwrite several previously changed passwords.

Unfortunately, the bug is NOT fixed in the update that came out today, March 7th.

• lodaka
    lodaka
    Community Member

We noticed one of the bugs mentioned above regarding Edit and not being able to scroll Secure Notes, on iPhone -- unable to edit anything at this point. It sounds like it's been around for the last little bit. Hopefully, this bug gets fixed soon, along with the other bug.

• Rene123
    Rene123
    Community Member

Yep, OP's issue happens often. You click Edit, but it jumps into another item to Edit... very annoying and easily leads to errors or overwritten data.

• @mapotter99 and @Rene123

I'm sorry for the frustration. Our developers are actively working on a fix which we plan to release in a future update. For any items where passwords were changed in error, you can use the item's Password History to view and then restore the previous version:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap on the three horizontal dots to the right of the password field.
    3. Tap View password history.

@lodaka

Thank you for the report, our developers plan to fix this as soon as possible.

-Dave

• edma
    edma
    Community Member

For some reason the issue disappeared for me once I did the next steps:
    1. I have created a new 1Password account
    2. Reinstalled the mobile app
    3. On the first login on mobile version I logged in with a new account (for the testing purpose I verified that the issue is reproduced with a test password records added to the new account)
    4. Logged out from the test account and logged in with a default account.

From that step an editing started to work correctly.

• hichrisbell
    hichrisbell
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Also experiencing this issue (version 8.10.2)

• olivare
    olivare
    Community Member

This bug has also been frustrating me in my transition to 1Password from LastPass.

And @Dave_1P , the history technique only works if you edit the wrong password field. What if you edited the wrong username field or the wrong security questions? The old data is gone forever. Which did just happen to me!

This is kind of off topic, but it would be great to be able to see revert any change made to any entry made within the last X hours on that same device.

• olivare
    olivare
    Community Member

In what seems like a side effect of the same issue, sometimes on iOS I’m editing the correct entry, but then when I hit save the app transitions between a bunch of screens, then ends up on a different entry (not the one I was just editing). The edit is applied to this other entry and when I go back to view the original entry my data was not saved. I see a similar transition between multiple screens to this same entry every time I open the app.

My flow:

1. Open the search tab and search for “twit” — got two results
    2. Choose Twitter from the search results
    3. Tap Edit
    4. Add a new field to the Twitter entry
    5. Tap Save

The app then transitioned me to the watchtower (of all places), the watchtower animation started, but before it finished it transitioned me to another page, and then quickly to another entry in my vault, but not Twitter. The edit that I had made to Twitter was actually applied to this other entry. When I then navigated back to my Twitter entry, the new field that I had added was not saved there.

Every time I close and re-open the app now I see something similar happen with the quick transitions between several screens. The entry it ends up on is always the same one, and it’s the same one that got edited when I was trying to edit Twitter. That entry is marked as having a “reused password”, which is perhaps why it shows up after the watchtower screen? I dunno that’s just a guess on my part. I have a recording of this that I would be happy to send to the 1Password team if it would be beneficial.

I hope some of that was helpful 👍

iOS app version: 8.10.2
    iOS version 16.3.1

• kyngie
    kyngie
    Community Member

Also experiencing this issue, both on iPad and iPhone 8.10.2., so you can add me to the list. Hope this gets resolved soon, this is a tricky bug…before you know it you edit the wrong entry.

This discussion has been closed.