Cannot turn on Touch ID

Options
jpmulligan
jpmulligan
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

I have two accounts on my M1 MacBook Air. Both have admin rights. Touch ID works to log in to both machines for each account.

The accounts share the same 1Password vault. I am able to enable Touch ID unlocking 1Password on one account but not the other. Touch ID settings in system setting are identical. I have tried disabling Touch ID in systems settings, rebooting and then setting it up again and it does not allow me to select Touch ID on the second account. I have tried disabling Touch ID on the first account and enabling it on the second account, but it remains greyed out as an option in 1Password.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:touch id

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@jpmulligan

We may need to look at a diagnostic from the device. I can't say I recall any specific issues like this between two accounts. It could be something specific to the one. Would you care to send over a diagnostics report? One of my email colleagues would be happy to help. Please make sure to run the report from the troubled user account.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: jpmulligan
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138263/cannot-turn-on-touch-id#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jpmulligan
    jpmulligan
    Community Member
    Options

I never received a BitBot email. My email client warned me about the format of the support email address from above which I copied and pasted into mail. It does look like my email was sent.

• @jpmulligan

I can see you're in conversation with our team by email , so I'll close this thread to avoid duplicating answers. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.