Fastest way to change vulnerable passwords identified in Watchtower in 1PW Desktop for Mac

JBEAN74
JBEAN74
Community Member

I have 376 vulnerable passwords. Changing all of them would take an unreasonable amount of time. Is there a way to change a group of them to a new password? Any global feature?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.3
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:vulnerable passwords global change

Comments

• Hello @JBEAN74! 👋

Are these passwords for websites? If they are then you'll need to update the password on the individual websites as well, not just in 1Password. I also recommend that each website use a unique password. The best way to update the passwords is to use 1Password in the browser: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

1Password in the browser will suggest a new password right on the page and then give you a chance to also update the entry in 1Password.

I do have a tip to save you some time: 1Password currently uses the well-known change password database to allow you to easily get to a website's password change page (if the website is included in the database). Follow these steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in the browser.
    3. Select the login item for the website whose password you'd like to change.
    4. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and then click Change Password.

1Password will take you to the password change page where it will offer to fill your current password and will suggest a new password as well. But it won't change your password automatically.

-Dave

• JBEAN74
    JBEAN74
    Community Member

Great tip. That will save a ton of time. Much appreciated.

• @JBEAN74

It's my pleasure. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.